- Tablers & Book Sellers
- NYC Resources
- Past Archive of NYC Book Fairs
2016 Workshop Application is now open
PRESENTATIONS, PANELS, WORKSHOPS, SKILLSHARES:
2015 - 9th ANNUAL NYC ANARCHIST BOOK FAIR
DEADLINE FOR 2015 PROPOSALS: Feb 20, 2015
The 9th Annual NYC Anarchist Book Fair will be held on Saturday April 18, 2015 @
Judson Memorial Church, 55 Washington Square South, New York City
with a anarchist meeting continuing through April 19th at The Base
Presentations, panels, workshops, and skill shares will be held during
the fair. Please fill in this form and email it back to us by Feb 20, 2015, to propose a
All proposals will be considered. Remember, diversity is important to us: we
are committed to promoting voices typically underrepresented at mainstream
and activist conferences alike whether for reasons of race, ethnicity, gender, sexuality, age, income or ability.
We are especially interested in hearing from local people presenting on issues of particular
relevance to anarchists and other activists in the NYC area.
In response to feedback from previous years, we are also interested in including more praxis-oriented events, as well as ideological discussion, on topics including but not limited to:
*anarchist history and theory
* radical parenting
* radical education
* community gardening
* alternatives to capitalist economics
* prisoner support and/or prison abolition
* housing and gentrification
* pirate radio and diy media
* decolonization and anti-imperialism
* active solidarity
* racial justice/anti-oppression
* indigenous sovereignty
* immigrant justice
* strategies for pushing forward a radical agenda in mainstream politics
* animal rights
2015 NYC ANARCHIST BOOK FAIR APPLICATION FORM
1. What kind of event are you proposing?
□ walking tour
□ Other (please specify)
Would you like to do a workshop, panel, presentation in SPANISH?
2. Title and brief description of event, including how it fits with the agenda of an anarchist book fair;
3. Name of presenter(s) and brief bio(s), including relationship(s) to the anarchist community:
4. Do you have any equipment needs or special requests?
5. Do you need childcare?
6. Do you have any preferred time slots?
7. Could your event be tailored to appeal to a broader age range and be billed as appropriate for young children or teens?
If so, would you be interested in presenting a truncated version of your event in the childcare space?
For any other questions related to the 9th Annual NYC Anarchist Book Fair that are not about proposals,
please visit our website atwww.anarchistbookfair.net